Balance and coordination are of great significance, especially to a growing kid. Walking stilts are perhaps one of the most ideal tools for the purpose. Not to mention, they are inexpensive and a whole lot more fun. As a parent, you might be having a difficult time trying to choose the best walking stilts for your child. After all, there are many options out there. There are those for the older, active and more experienced kids. On the other hand, there are walking stilts with trainers for smaller kids.
Well, worry no more. In this article, we provide you with the best walking stilts on the market. Not only do we rely on research and experience but also from reviews by real-life users. Read more and decide which one is the right option for your situation.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Walking Stilts Reviews
- 10. Air Kicks Original Walkaroo Steel Stilts for Balance Walking
- 9. Geospace WALKAROO Xtreme Steel Balance Stilts with Height Adjustable Vert Lifters
- 8. Flybar Maverick Walking Stilts for Kids
- 7. Geospace Original Walkaroo Xtreme Steel Balance Stilts
- 6. The Original Walkaroo JR. Lightweight Aluminum Stilts
- 5. Geospace Original Walkaroo ‘Wee’ Balance Stilts for Kids & Beginners
- 4. HearthSong Amazing Feats Adjustable Metal Walking Stilts for Kids
- 3. Flybar Master Large Walking Stilts
- 2. Flybar Maverick Small Walking Stilts for Kids
- 1. Hijax Standard Size Stilts for Active Kids
Table of the Best Walking Stilts Reviews
10. Air Kicks Original Walkaroo Steel Stilts for Balance Walking
Instead of a basic stilt design, Walkaroo offers an exclusive ergonomic design. To begin with, it has an S-bend at the top. As a result, it comfortably hugs the shoulders. Also, it has another bend, 11 inches above the ground. It takes the weight of the user to the lower section. Thus, it improves balance and control. Not to mention, the stilts are fully adjustable. For instance, it has different height settings that fit riders who are 4.5 to 6.5 feet tall. It’s safe for use for persons who are 6 years and above. The frame is heavy-duty steel. Apart from being lightweight, it’s sturdy enough to hold up to 200 pounds. The legs, on the other hand, have non-slip rubber feet. Hence, it’s safe to use indoors or outside.
- A heavy-duty steel frame holds up to 200 pounds
- Ergonomic footrests and shoulder wraps provide maximum comfort
- Easy-grip foam handles
- Different height settings for riders who are 4.5 to 6.5 feet tall
- Suitable for riders who are 6 years and above
- Non-slip rubber feet are safe for use, both indoors and outside
9. Geospace WALKAROO Xtreme Steel Balance Stilts with Height Adjustable Vert Lifters
The S-bend at the shoulders and L-bend at the footrests provide an ergonomic fit. As a result, it’s less tiring to provide hours of fun. Another remarkable feature is the vertical lifter. This gives you enough boost off the ground. Besides, it offers up to 5 height settings, adding another 12 to 17 inches. This makes it ideal for riders who are 4.5 to 6.5 feet tall. Not to mention, the stilts are made of heavy-duty steel. Hence, they are sturdy enough to support up to 210 pounds. Large rubber feet make it safe for use indoors and outside. This walking stilt is for kids and adults who are 6 years and above.
- Heavy-duty steel supports up to 210 pounds
- Comfortable shoulder rests
- Non-slip rubber feet and footrests
- Comfortable foam handles
- 5 height setting from 12 to 17 inches
- Accommodates riders who are 4.5 to 6.5 feet tall
- Suitable for age 6 and above
8. Flybar Maverick Walking Stilts for Kids
At 45 inches tall, these don’t hug the shoulders. Hence, they are ideal for kids and persons with small stature. Ergonomic foam handles provide a comfortable grip. Large rubber footrests, on the other hand, direct your weight to the ground below. As a result, it improves balance. Also, you can adjust the height of the footrests from 12.5 to 17.25 inches above the ground. According to the manufacturer, this stilt is ideal for kids who are 5 years and above. Furthermore, it has a rugged steel construction, which supports up to 190 pounds.
- Rugged steel construction holds up to 190 pounds
- 45 inches full height ideal for kids who are 5 years and above
- 5 height settings make it fully adjustable
- Comfortable foam handles
- Extra-wide footrests provide plenty of traction
- Rubber feet safeguard the floor
7. Geospace Original Walkaroo Xtreme Steel Balance Stilts
Thanks to the vertical levellers, you can adjust the footrests from 12 to 17 inches off the ground. Therefore, when you compare to the Original Walkaroo, this stilt gives 5 extra inches. Also, the height of the handles is also fully adjustable. Despite being higher, it still remains comfortable for 4.5 to 6.5 feet tall riders. This stilt not only gives more boost but also offers easy and quick adjustments. It has rugged steel poles, which are lightweight yet strong enough to hold 250 pounds. An S-bend at the shoulders offers the correct posture for maximum comfort. Rubber feet, on the other hand, make it safe on your floor.
- Heavy-duty steel poles support up to250 pounds
- 5 height settings for riders who are 4.5 to 6.5 feet tall
- Comfortable shoulder rests and extra-wide footrests
- Easy-grip foam handles
- Rubber feet protect the floor
- Ideal for age 6 and above
6. The Original Walkaroo JR. Lightweight Aluminum Stilts
Instead of steel, this stilt uses lightweight aluminium poles. For this reason, it’s much easier on junior riders. Nonetheless, it’s strong enough to support up to 110 pounds. It’s short for junior riders yet tall enough to provide a shoulder rest. The stilt has comfortable foam handles and extra-wide rubber footrests. Not to mention, the height of the handles and footrests are adjustable. At full setting, it can accommodate kids from age 5 and above. In addition, it has rubber feet that add stability. Besides, they protect the floor, making it safe for use indoors and outside.
- Lightweight yet sturdy aluminium poles support up to 110 pounds
- Shoulder rests provide correct posture
- Soft foam handles offer additional comfort
- Rubber footrests and feet provide a non-slip grip
- Suitable for age 5 and above
5. Geospace Original Walkaroo ‘Wee’ Balance Stilts for Kids & Beginners
Are you looking for the best walking stilts for beginners? Well, this stilt might be the ideal choice for you. It’s for kids who are 4 years and above. The rugged steel poles are not only lightweight but durable enough for long-life use. On the other hand, the stilts offer a lot of comforts. First, it has foam handles that provide a soft grip. Next, it comprises extra-wide footrests for stability and traction. Shoulder rests, on the other hand, offer a comfortable posture. In addition, you get multiple height settings. For instance, you can set the footrests 10 to 15 inches off the ground.
- Durable steel poles provide sturdy support
- Multiple height settings lift the footrests 10 to 15 inches
- Shoulder rests provide maximum comfort and correct posture
- Soft-grip foam handles
- Extra-wide footrests and feet for stability
- Suitable for age 4 and above
4. HearthSong Amazing Feats Adjustable Metal Walking Stilts for Kids
The tread feet are perhaps the most unique feature of this stilt. Unlike most walking stilts, it comprises arced feet. As a result, it remains stable across different terrains. Ergonomic armrests and foam handles provide maximum comfort. On the other hand, you have multiple height settings, from 51 to 79 inches. Furthermore, the stilts have strong poles that support up to 250 pounds. It’s ideal for use by kids as well as adults. And according to the manufacturer, this stilt is ideal for age 6 and above.
- Sturdy poles support up to 250 pounds
- Multiple height settings from 51 to 79 inches
- Non-slip treads and foam provide stability and comfort
- Arced feet remain stable across different terrains
- Ideal for age 6 and above
3. Flybar Master Large Walking Stilts
At 72 inches long, this walking stilt makes an excellent choice for age 10 and above. Not to mention, it has up to 5 height settings. The footsteps, for instance, adjust from 12.5 to 17 inches off the ground. Regarding comfort, it doesn’t disappoint. First, it has ergonomic handgrips, and shoulder rests. Next, it has extra-wide footrests, which take most of your weight. Besides, the footrests provide excellent traction for stability. The feet are broader at the base to increase stability. Furthermore, the rubber material makes them safe to use on your floor as well as outside. This walking stilt supports up to 200 pounds.
- Sturdy poles support up to 200 pounds
- Extra-wide footrests and feet have non-slip rubber grips
- Fully adjustable to 5 height positions
- Ergonomic handles and shoulder rests provide maximum comfort
- Ideal for age 10 and above
2. Flybar Maverick Small Walking Stilts for Kids
Whereas the larger version measures 72 inches, this walking stilt comes at 45 inches long. As a result, it makes an excellent choice for age 5 and above. Though small, it’s sturdy enough to support up to 110 pounds. The armrests and footrests are fully adjustable to match your height. For instance, you can set the footrests from 12.5 to 17.25 inches above the ground. Not only are they fully adjustable but also provide maximum comfort. The handles offer a soft grip while the footrests are extra -wide for comfort and stability. Furthermore, the feet are large and made of rubber to protect your floor.
- Sturdy poles support up to 110 pounds
- Fully adjustable to match different heights
- Ergonomic footrests and handles
- Ideal for age 5 and above
1. Hijax Standard Size Stilts for Active Kids
If a standard walking stilt is your thing, then Hijax walking stilts might be the best option for you. It’s available in two versions. First, there’s the junior size, which has footrests 13 inches off the ground. Next is the advanced size with footrests 17 inches off the ground. Unlike the others on the list, the steps aren’t that wide. Nonetheless, they offer excellent support for active kids. This walking stilt supports up to 155 pounds. Also, it makes an ideal choice for kids who are 8 to 11 years or those up to 56 inches tall.
- Available in junior size and advanced size
- Sturdy poles hold up to 155 pounds
- Ideal for riders from age 8 to 11 and up to 56 inches tall