If you are working in construction or building something at home, opting for plate compactors is the best decision you can make. These machines help in the compression of loose gravel, different soil types, asphalt mix, and other aggregates. Thus, the compactors make sure that you can have a strong base for any structure you build.
Nevertheless, it can be very difficult to choose the right plate compactor online. You need to be sure about its compression rate, motor power, and lots of other things. So, take a look at our reviews of the best plate compactors and make the right purchase with confidence.
Table of Contents
- Best Plate Compactors for Sale Reviews
- 10. Stark 2.0HP 2,000 Lbs Gas Vibratory Plate Compactor for Paving Landscaping Sidewalk
- 9. SuperHandy Gas Powered Vibrating Plate Compactors
- 8. Stark Industry Walk Behind Gas Plate Compactors
- 7. TOMAHAWK 5.5 HP Honda Ground Tamper for Dirt, Asphalt, Gravel & Soil Compaction
- 6. NorthStar Single-Direction 5.5HP Honda Plate Compactor with GX160 Engine
- 5. XtremepowerUS Compaction Force Reversible Plate Compactor
- 4. JUMPING JACK Kohler Vibratory Plate Compactor Tamper
- 3. YARDMAX YC0850 Compaction Force Plate Compactor
- 2. WEN Compaction Force Plate Compactor
- 1. WACKER NEUSON Plate Compactor
Best Plate Compactors for Sale Reviews
10. Stark 2.0HP 2,000 Lbs Gas Vibratory Plate Compactor for Paving Landscaping Sidewalk
It doesn’t matter what kind of work you have in your hand. An efficient tool makes the process gets easier. For power tools, it is always better if you for a brand with reliability and trust. This one has been designed by the Stark USA store, something you can depend on. Talking about the quality of make, this is the right example of practicality without any compromises on the performance. Coming with a 2.0HP engine, the compactor packs 79cc in total for powerful and rapid blows. If you are into paving in residential projects, this will come in seriously useful.
This foldable plate compactor will let you work on patios, paving, sidewalks, and home as well as professional projects. Lastly, the handles’ grip will not be loose and so, no chance of encountering accidents.
- Covers a large base area of 17-inches X 11.8-inches along with a vibration frequency of 5210.
- Uses fold-up wheels so that you face no struggles when you need to move this around in your job site.
- EPA tested, this has a maximum compaction force of 2000 pounds, making it ideal for most needs.
9. SuperHandy Gas Powered Vibrating Plate Compactors
If you are looking for a good-quality gas plate compactor, you need to have a look at this option. Coming with a large and powerful Alphaworks 7Hp 209cc 4 stroke engine, you will be surprised how powerful the response of the machine is. It delivers an exciter speed of 5500 VPM as the output power easily gets to 5kW maximum. The maximum rotation speed offered on this plate compactor goes up to 3600RPM and travel speed of 115ft/min.
All in all, this is a powerful compactor that will meet your needs. You will get a maximum compacting force of 4200 pounds that can easily provide a depth of 12-inches.
- The steel compacting plate is super sturdy and measures 20-inches X 15-inches for wider compacting.
- Have foldable wheels so that you can move it around at your will.
- Its shock absorption system aids in the overall process and will not break apart while doing heavy-duty tasks.
8. Stark Industry Walk Behind Gas Plate Compactors
Choose the correct option of a walk-behind plate compactor to make sure you do not encounter any sorts of troubles when you are doing the important works. Just not super speed and strength, the overall design also promotes ease of usage across all your needs. Be it a homeowner or a professional contractor, something so powerful will come in useful for all. In order to make sure you can move around with this, this features fold-up transport wheels.
Working on paving stones to trenches, it can do its job well. Be it a homeowner or a contractor, it will come in use in multiple tasks.
- Air-cooled 4 stroke gasoline engine is safe, efficient, and causes less damage to the environment.
- The motor comes from a 6.5HP 196cc engine that takes care of all.
- You will get a huge impact force of 2360 pounds spread across a base area of 20-inches X 40-inches.
7. TOMAHAWK 5.5 HP Honda Ground Tamper for Dirt, Asphalt, Gravel & Soil Compaction
As this heavy-duty plate compactor features a powerful engine from Honda, you will be at the receiving end of maximum output. The total capacity of the engine goes as much as 5.5Hp and delivers a huge compacting force of 3000 pounds. This machine is going to be extremely useful for people of all kinds, both domestic and professional works.
Enjoy more productivity and efficiency with a remarkable travel speed of 79ft per minute. Detailed to perfection, this uses a beveled edge plate along with dual lifting eye and anti-vibration handles. Overall you will always enjoy working with this.
- Extremely easy to move and use, the total base area of the plate is 17-inches X 21-inches. Hence, making it convenient to be moved around.
- The steel exciter box has been heavily reinforced for improved strength and durability.
- Besides, the promise of the brand is all, the engine gets a 3-year warranty and the product as a whole has a 1-year warranty.
6. NorthStar Single-Direction 5.5HP Honda Plate Compactor with GX160 Engine
Get this single-direction compactor and get rid of the required difficulties. If you are fed up with the old-style compactors that settle for low compacting force, you can change and start using this. Get a massive compacting force of 3968 pounds with every blow. The work will get over much faster and will never compromise in quality or efficiency. You can get as many as 6400 vibrations in a minute, meaning always faster results.
Finally, the 163cc engine from Honda is super-efficient and comes with a cast-iron cylinder. So, powerful performance is something that you can expect out of it.
- Delivers a commendable travel speed of 65-82 feet per minute for your benefits.
- The plate measures 21 ½-inches X 16 5/16-inches, thereby covering a larger area with each blow.
- Its shock mounts will endure heavy usage.
5. XtremepowerUS Compaction Force Reversible Plate Compactor
Xtreme Power US is a name that has been designing high-end quality products, primarily power-tools. This reversible plate compactor is no different and has been made with the best in class design and features. From finishing asphalt, sand, and even sloped surfaces, having something like this mean most of your paving needs are met.
To ensure ease of usage and flexibility, this compactor is designed with adjustable throttle control. You will get the least of feedback and feel almost zero vibrations because there are cushioned handlebars on this. The engine oil drain tube is a useful design innovation to minimize spillage while changing the lubricant.
- It has a construction of a heavy-duty frame, this will keep functioning even when the work pressure is heavy.
- Keep the engine safe from changing weathers, dirt, and tough conditions with the use of the quad clean system and cyclonic air filter.
- EPA and CARB affiliated, this has a reversible plate so that you can move it in either direction while compacting.
4. JUMPING JACK Kohler Vibratory Plate Compactor Tamper
Very useful for pavement compacting, this machine delivers the best of performances without compromising one bit on the quality. Comes with a powerful 177 cc engine churning out 4.5 hp of horsepower, you will get 3 years of warranty on the engine. The plate is covered with a 1-year warranty as well.
As a matter of fact, the maximum compact force out of this compactor goes up to 1950 pounds. Also, it is quite comfortable to use as it is designed with anti-vibration handles.
- Cleaner and precise compaction are always assured by the beveled edge plates used in this plate compactor.
- Lifting handles on the compactor aids in quicker transport in the job sites.
- The rollcage frame used is very rugged and gets a lot of strength that you can depend on.
3. YARDMAX YC0850 Compaction Force Plate Compactor
This is a self-propelling compactor that will make your life easier and works more convenient in all possible ways. With 79cc of capacity on the engine and 2.5 horsepower, this will never fail to deliver the best performance. The maximum number of blows this can offer is 5900 blows per minute.
With the help of the innovative design of the single stamped plate, this will always work to deliver results. No hassles of rusting and always more strength are assured by the no-weld beads of the compactor.
- Just take it to any location whenever the requirement arises as it comes with fold-up transport wheels.
- Compact and hassle-free storage always owing to the use of fold-down handles.
- Outstanding engine control with the help of the centrifugal flyweight.
2. WEN Compaction Force Plate Compactor
On the inside, there is a 212cc engine that is larger and extremely powerful for your needs. In one minute you will get 5400 blows for uniform and faster compaction. The maximum compaction you will get out of this goes up to 496 pounds. The compact and contoured edge plate enhances the overall workflow and helps you work more conveniently.
Finally, it has its own USP. The high end of productivity is guaranteed by the commendable travel speed of 82 ft per minute.
- Lift handles on the plate and load bar helps you transport this around with ease.
- There are vibration isolators between the steel plates for reduced engine vibrations.
1. WACKER NEUSON Plate Compactor
With all the latest features and innovations, this compactor is perfect for light as well as heavy works. With the help of the special contoured running surfaces and round edges, you will get the best performance of the movement. One of the most interesting features of this compactor is the use of heavy-duty shock mounts.
They fit on the engine console and bring down the overall vibrations. This helps in the better running of the machine and the least wear and tears in the long run.
- Get maximum productivity with the help of the exciter bearing design on the compactor.
- The water tank design is improved for more capacity and a filler hole.
- The ergonomic design of lifting handles aids in loading and unloading.
By now, we have explained what to get and what to not. So, pick powerful plate compactors and make changes to the way you work.