Whenever you are preparing yourself for a long journey ahead, it’s safe to carry extra oil in your possession so that you don’t get stuck. However, as oil is explosive in nature, you must take precautions while carrying it. When checking on the safety list, do not forget to get oil drain pans for storing the oil. It is leak-proof and properly sealed in order to avoid unprecedented accidents. Even the bodies of these pans are sturdy and will not lead to any unfavorable circumstances.
Still, confused about which one to buy? So, these are the top oil drain pan brands that will truly help you and make your journey easier and safer.
Table of Contents
- 10. Hopkins 42003MI FloTool 16 Qt Super Duty Oil Drain Container
- 9. Hopkins 11838 FloTool 15 Qt Oil Drain Container
- 8. Hopkins FloTool 5 Gallon Open Top Drain Pan
- 7. Lumax Black LX-1632 15 Quart Drainmaster Pan and Waste Storage for Oil Recycling
- 6. Motivx Tools Professional 16 Qt Engine Oil Drain Pans for Changing Car and Truck Motor Oil, Transmission Fluid
- 5. Capri Tools CP21023 Portable Oil Drain Pans – Anti-Freeze
- 4. ATD Tools Black 1/2 Gallon Oil Change Pan
- 3. Custom Accessories Oil Dip Pan
- 2. Performance Tool W4070 1.75-Gallon Plastic Oil Drain Pans
- 1. Neiko 20762A Anti Splash Oil Drain Pan – 2 Gallons
10. Hopkins 42003MI FloTool 16 Qt Super Duty Oil Drain Container
Hopkins offers you a great heavy-duty oil drain pan that would benefit you greatly for personal or professional work. Next time you do any undercarriage work, this container would be a reliable tool to keep your work area or garage free from mess. The greatest feature of this container is its heavy-duty design. Next, it can take a lot of abuse and would last you for years to come.
It also features a leakproof design that is specially patented and offers you a whole new level of convenience. You can keep the container anywhere you want and however, you want. The leakproof design keeps everything inside whether you place the container flat on the ground or vertically. There is no need to use other tools to lift the container up either. You can carry it effortlessly from one place to another with its integrated ergonomic handles.
- With a capacity of 16 quarts, you won’t need to buy multiple containers.
- Manufactured with pride in the United States with high standards of quality.
- Made from recyclable plastic so that you can reduce your carbon footprint.
9. Hopkins 11838 FloTool 15 Qt Oil Drain Container
Another amazing lightweight oil dry pan from Hopkins is also used as a container. One of the biggest problems with traditional oil drain pans is carrying the fluid to a container. To solve that problem Hopkins offers you something with an integrated design. So, you don’t need to worry about oil splashing in the pan while you carry it.
The product has more than enough capacity, at around 15 quarts, to store dirty vehicle fluids and lubricants for a long time. Hence, you don’t have to dispose of fluids every day. It even has a vent plug so that you can drain the oil easily.
- Have a filter on the exposed surface to prevent clogging due to particles and solid grime.
- The drain basin is large enough to catch the oil stream and redirects to the filter.
- The spout is extended out from the body for mess-free pouring.
8. Hopkins FloTool 5 Gallon Open Top Drain Pan
Another excellent product from Hopkins that shows their commitment to quality and functionality. The opening to this pan is really massive that allows oil to drain directly into the pan without any pipes or other means. For structural integrity, the pan has also been reinforced at strategic positions, sides, and the bottom. This keeps the pan fairly rigid and wobble-free on most surfaces.
Due to its large capacity of 5-gallons, you don’t even need to drain out the pan each and every time. The high capacity especially helps if you are a professional. You can do multiple oil changes throughout the day and drain out all the accumulated oil at once.
- Extended spout lets you spill with fewer mishaps.
- Lip is extended around the edge and near to spout to render splashes useless.
- The open-top oil drain pan is lightweight at just around 1.5 pounds.
7. Lumax Black LX-1632 15 Quart Drainmaster Pan and Waste Storage for Oil Recycling
Lumax presents to you a phenomenal product with its ingenious design and creativity. When you buy this product, you don’t just get the features of an oil drain pan but also a container. Forget about oily tubs, funnels, and other such accessories that increase mess. Just open up the top cap of the Drainmaster and set it under your vehicle to collect oil.
Due to the mesh opening, oil enters the container without any large particles to clog up any opening. This reusable oil drain pan is perfect for recycling the used oils as well.
- After collecting oil, you don’t have to clean up on any side.
- With the E-Z handle, you can even carry it with one hand.
- Proudly manufactured in the United States with high-quality for the utmost guarantee.
6. Motivx Tools Professional 16 Qt Engine Oil Drain Pans for Changing Car and Truck Motor Oil, Transmission Fluid
Motivx never makes mediocre products and this becomes more evident with this automotive oil drain pan from the brand. It has been created from heavy-duty PE material that can take quite a beating without any damage. You don’t have to worry about corrosion either whether you live in a humid region or near the sea. It is so well made that you can use it every day even if you are a professional auto mechanic.
Unlike other pans, this pan doesn’t rock on the floor or flexes underweight. It has been reinforced at the bottom so that you don’t have to deal with dirty oil splashes. Another feature to reduce splashing is the anti-splash lip. It extends and surrounds the inner edge completely so that nothing comes out of the pan when you are carrying it away. You won’t have to worry about disposing of dirty oil either. Even if your disposal container has a small mouth, the pour spout helps you to transfer the fluid easily.
- The front has dual handles and the back has a large handle for stable carrying.
- Can easily fit under any car with a clearance of fewer than 6-inches.
- With an internal diameter of 14-inches, you can also use the pan for cleaning small tools.
5. Capri Tools CP21023 Portable Oil Drain Pans – Anti-Freeze
Capri Tools brings to you this with a familiar design and modern tweaks that make it one of the best products in its class. The pan is just one open container that allows you to clean it with ease. Due to the large opening, you won’t have to rely on funnels either. You don’t need to worry about durability and longevity when you buy this product. As a matter of fact, it has been made from thick polyethylene that is quite tough and robust.
Unlike other products from competing manufacturers, this one has a 1-inch spout that lets you pour out everything with zero mess. It has an anti-splash lip so pouring will become hassle-free.
- Have been designed with stackable nature in mind for easy storage.
- The handle will let you carry in a proper way.
- It can let you store 4.5-gallons easily.
4. ATD Tools Black 1/2 Gallon Oil Change Pan
ATD Tools present to you a modern pan without burning a hole through your pocket. You don’t have to worry about spilling used oil on yourself or the garage floor. It has molded handles on either side that makes the job easy. With dual front handles your grip is as rigid as it gets. It also has a large spout that points downwards and makes flushing out all the fluid a task as easy as any.
The unique design of this pan doesn’t just help in reinforcement and a stronger build but also works well to keep excess oil from splashing out.
- Low-profile designs can easily get under cars with less clearance.
- Extremely lightweight at half a pound.
- If you are wondering how much you can store at one go, it can accommodate 4.5-pounds.
3. Custom Accessories Oil Dip Pan
Custom Accessories gives you a product that is simple and easy to use without any gimmicks. Moreover, unlike most other pans it has a highly competitive price that saves you a few dollars. This pan is more than enough for changing the oil on any of your vehicles. Whether it is your car, bike ATV or anything else. It helps you to keep your garage clean and lets you get the oil out with minimum mess.
As a matter of fact, it reduces spillage in every scenario and weighs only 4.6-ounces for easy portability.
- Have a hole on the edge so that you can hang it in your garage and save space.
- It has a neat look that won’t create a clumsy appearance.
- The enormous capacity of 6 quarts is more than enough for all your vehicles.
2. Performance Tool W4070 1.75-Gallon Plastic Oil Drain Pans
Performance Tools offers you one of the best budget-friendly oil drain pans you can find on the market. When you buy this pan you don’t need to worry about issues like rusting, which are common with metal. The construction material is so great that you don’t even have to worry about solvents or chemicals either. That means it can serve you for multiple purposes. You can use it for draining fluids or for cleaning your tools with detergent and solvents.
The pan features a large opening that allows you to simply place it under your vehicle and drain out fluids and lubricants with ease. No need to use a complicated system or let your garage gets stained with dirty oil. On either side, you get two handles that let you carry them with ease and without any shakes to the disposal container. No need to spill even a drop on the floor.
- Pour spot lets you pour fluids from the pan without any mess.
- A large capacity of 1.75 gallons makes it useful for most vehicles.
- Since the pan has an open structure you can clean it with ease.
1. Neiko 20762A Anti Splash Oil Drain Pan – 2 Gallons
Neiko brings to you an incredible pan with a more than sufficient capacity of 2 gallons. That kind of capacity translates into a lower frequency of oil disposal. You can do numerous oil changes with this single pan before you need to dispose of anything. Around the inner edge, the pan curves inwards. So when it is time for disposal you don’t have to worry about the oil splashing out of the pan.
Plus, it has an anti-splash format that will save a lot of that precious oil going to waste. Finally, the handle is pretty sturdy so you will have a proper grip on it.
- The diameter of over 15-inches makes oil draining a funnel-free process.
- Towards the spout, the edge is raised even more to keep any flowing liquid at bay.
Carry extra oil for the longest road journeys ahead. Get a portable oil drain pan to keep the oil safely without any danger of spilling or leaking.