Overgrown trees, bushes, flowers as well as weeds have always blocked the real beauty. In order to maintain its beauty, you need to keep maintaining it. If you are a passionate gardener or an enthusiast who prefers spending time in nature, then you may know how important proper equipment is. Whether you want to trim borders, beautify your bushes, or to get your boxwood shrubs to the perfect shape, hedge shears can do it all. It is a trustworthy tool for your gardening needs.
In this article, we discuss the top-rated hedge shears that will help you to get the job done easily. Find one for your home from this list and start using it without any hindrances.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Hedge Shears Reviews
- 10. Corona HS 3950 Extendable Hedge Shears
- 9. Fiskars Garden Powergear2 Hedge Shears
- 8. Jardineer Professional Hedge Clippers – Heavy Duty Hedge Shears – Manual Bush Trimmers
- 7. FLORA GUARD Professional Extensible Hedge Shears with Blade
- 6. AIRAJ Hedge Shears – Manual Hedge Clippers & Garden Hand Pruner for Trimming Borders
- 5. Corona HS 7140 DualCUT Hedge Shear
- 4. Fiskars Power Lever Hedge Shears With Soft Grip Handle
- 3. Okatsune Precision Long Handheld Hedge Shears
- 2. OARA Garden Hedge Shears for trimming Borders, Boxwood, and Bushes
- 1. WilFiks Hedge Shears for Professional Gardening and Landscaping
Table of the Best Hedge Shears Reviews
10. Corona HS 3950 Extendable Hedge Shears
Corona Tools is a company that is on par with its Californian peers in terms of innovation and reliability. This extendable hedge shear from the brand is a clear example of its excellence. It has handles that are constructed from lightweight steel and the carbon steel blades add to its durability and strength. That means you can get great control and easily open up or close the blades without any struggle. You won’t have any problems trimming up the bushes and beautifying your backyard landscape. Branches and twigs make way for the sharp blades so that you can easily take care of your garden.
Another amazing feature about the handles on this hedge shear is that it can be extended. You can extend it from 15-inches to 26-inches and that allows you to reach farther without bending or extending arms. This results in less fatigue for your shoulders and arms.
- Pivot bolts are precision made so that you can get a hassle-free cutting action.
- It certainly has a lifetime warranty period; you can buy this tool without any worries.
- Handles are comfortable in your hands.
9. Fiskars Garden Powergear2 Hedge Shears
Fiskars has a shear that won’t just meet your expectations, but exceed them by a great margin. This features specially patented Gear technology that helps you to amplify your power up to 3 times. As a result, you can cut effortlessly. The hedge shear blades that adorn this also deserve a special column in any article. In fact, they are forged from full hardened steel blades.
This allows you to cut with precision and even use it without any worries since it can last through extensive heavy usage. Lastly, the handles have an ergonomic design and have soft grips. Therefore, you can use the tool for long periods.
- Bumpers have a shock-absorbing design to absorb most of the force at the conclusion of each cut.
- You get 3x more power when working with it.
- Blades are coated with a substance that reduces friction for easier cuts.
8. Jardineer Professional Hedge Clippers – Heavy Duty Hedge Shears – Manual Bush Trimmers
In this deal, Jardineer provides you with one of its best manual hedge shears and hand pruners at a bargain price. The shear is packed with features and one of them stands out from the rest due to its uniqueness. With the flower-shaped pivot, you can adjust the tension of the blades according to your requirements. It also features shock-absorbing bumpers that will reduce both your shoulder pain and wrist pain. Hence, let you spend more time with your plants.
Finally, its blades have the construction of forged carbon steel to give it precision cuts without hampering the shape. Plus, the handles offer a soft grip so that you do not feel hurt while working with it.
- The wavy design of the blade prevents twigs from slipping off.
- With safety lock, it will not become unsafe when storing in any location.
- Handles have holes at the end so that you can easily hang them with the rest of your tools.
7. FLORA GUARD Professional Extensible Hedge Shears with Blade
Flora Guard has an exceptional tool that will change the way you look at heavy-duty hedge shears. The shear has a sharp set of steel blades of 9-inches. As a result, lets you cut down thick wooden twigs and branches with minimal effort. If your shrubs are a bit too thick wide, you don’t need to navigate around your property to make it to the other side of the bush.
The handles are extended to change the overall length of the tool from 26-inches to 34-inches. You can reach the far ends from the same position. In fact, the blades are wavy and will give the perfect cut.
- The handle is retracted with the press of a switch.
- Weighing 2.64-pounds, you will not have to struggle when working with it.
- Blades have gone through HRC50 heat treatment so that they stay hard and strong.
6. AIRAJ Hedge Shears – Manual Hedge Clippers & Garden Hand Pruner for Trimming Borders
Airaj has the perfect lightweight hedge shears for you. Hence, it will help you get desirable results whether you are a novice or a professional. In this deal, you also get a pruning shear so that you can achieve extremely precise control over the outgrowth of your plants and make them reach aesthetic brilliance. One of the greatest advantages that come with this hedge shear is its cutting guide. You can adjust the guide by pressing and sliding a single button.
The innovative one-handed operation lets you quickly make adjustments as you cut bushes throughout your garden. You also get telescopic handles that allow you to increase or decrease your reach. That means you can reach high and far away shrubs without breaking a sweat. Lastly, the edge of the blade on this shear is also serrated enough. Hence, you can get clean cuts without slipping and risking injury to yourself.
- In the closed position, the overall length is 27-inches and extends till 40-inches in extended mode.
- The blade joint is adjusted to your requirements with the elastic adjustment knob.
- The metal buckle is from aluminum that is lightweight and doesn’t rust.
5. Corona HS 7140 DualCUT Hedge Shear
You would instantly be able to differentiate the quality of this shear from Corona compared to the competition. It has complete construction from steel and also has a no-fail metal end cap that lets you get the most beautiful cuts. They are also easy to sharpen and hence easy to maintain, unlike most other products from the competition.
You also get an integrated bumper that saves you from shocks as each stroke comes to a conclusion. Plus, the handles have contoured grips to give it a soft feel while working with it.
- The blade has a power zone that can cut wood as thick as ¾ inches.
- One can certainly sharpen it easily to make its use for a long time.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty period will cover any fault for all the years to come.
4. Fiskars Power Lever Hedge Shears With Soft Grip Handle
Fiskars doesn’t just provide you with a shear of exceptional quality. That is expected from this brand. They stand out by providing revolutionary features that couldn’t be expected in the manual tool before. This features the highly appreciated power-lever mechanism. That multiplies the leverage you put on this and helps you to cut shrubs and bushes with twice the ease.
Moreover, it also has Gator Blades that are serrated and made from top-quality steel. Due to the serrated design, the blades grip on to the twigs so that there is no slipping. This allows you to get a cut without abrasions or unevenness.
- Shock-absorbing bumper along with the well-cushioned grips make up for an easily usable tool.
- Steel blades are designed in a way to self sharpen themselves and reduce maintenance on your part.
- They don’t get rusted or corroded easily.
3. Okatsune Precision Long Handheld Hedge Shears
The foliage or outgrowth of the bushes and shrubs in your garden won’t guide your buying decision anymore. With this shear from Okatsune, you get a powerful tool that is capable of clearing out and changing the landscape of your garden. The most attractive and capable components of this shear are the steel blades. The blades are from premium quality Yasuki steel that is forged in the traditional way with a hot hammer.
With those blades, you get unparalleled sharpness that lets you amplify your power and make your way through overgrown shrubs.
- It comes with a well-crafted leather sheath that keeps you away from injuries.
- The blades length are 6-inches that will make it easy to work with.
- Well polished and rounded wooden handles add to the premium feel.
2. OARA Garden Hedge Shears for trimming Borders, Boxwood, and Bushes
This is crafted from premium quality materials like 65MN carbon steel that makes up the high strength blades. Due to the strength and durability of the steel, the blades can be kept very sharp. And that also without the worry of damage or chipping to the blades. You can shape and manicure your decorative plants and shrubs endlessly with this tool.
Unlike machine powered trimmers that may slow down the growth of your beautiful plants, this manual one doesn’t affect growth. You get the sweet reward of every bit of labor you put into your garden in the form of lush greenery that grows unhindered. You don’t have to worry a lot about the maintenance of the tool either. It has Teflon coating for protection against rusting and damage induced by friction.
- Groove design on the blade lets you cut branches as thick as an inch.
- Handle grips have extensive textures so that you can stay comfortable and sweat-free.
- Handles have small holes at the end so that you can hoop them on your tool wall.
1. WilFiks Hedge Shears for Professional Gardening and Landscaping
WilFiks have produced a shear that is feature-packed. Thus provides you with high value for every buck you spend on it. The first thing you notice about this shear is the soft-grip handles that let you cut with comfort and ease. You won’t have complaints about the performance of this tool since the blades are made out of hard carbon steel. It is razor-sharp and can bring down most foliage in your backyard.
Furthermore, the pivot bolt has an ergonomic flower design. As a result, you get an easy grip over it for adjusting the tension of the blade. To let you hold it without slipping off your hand, it has a comfortable rubberized grip.
- Bumpers reduce shock transmitted to your arms and wrists at the end of each stroke.
- It is of 25-inches and will easily let you work with it.
Maintain your garden, lawn, or flower beds in a proper way. Know more about the hedge shear uses and then shape your garden in a manner you have always wanted.