If you have a workshop or garage then you may already know how hard it is to repair an engine. A lot of efforts go into repairing and modifying an engine. Thus, you need to make sure that you can efficiently hold it in a stable place. Wobbling or instability can not only cause accidents but it can damage the engine too. So, the wise thing to do is to opt for engine stands. These stands certainly provide stability and help you to carry out the repair work easily.
Nevertheless, you need to consider a lot of factors before repairing an engine. Thus, to help you out, we are listing the best ones just for you. Have a look at our list of best-selling engine stands to find the perfect match.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Engine Stands Reviews
- 10. BIG RED T26801 2/3 Ton Torin Steel Rotating Engine Stand with Rotating Head & Folding Frame
- 9. Performance Tool W41025 1/2 Ton Engine Stands
- 8. Sunex 8300GB Foldable Engine Stands with Adjustable Caster Wheels
- 7. K&L Supply MC25 Heavy Duty Metric Engine Stand
- 6. BIG RED T23401 Torin 750 lb Rotating Engine Stand with 360 Degree Rotating Head
- 5. MOTOOS 1000lb Engine Cradle Stand with Wheels for Chevrolet Chevy
- 4. Pro-Lift T-3101 1000 lb Engine Lift
- 3. OTC 1750A 6000 lbs. Revolver Diesel Engine Stands with Universal Adapter
- 2. OTC 1735B Automotive Accessories Engine Stand
- 1. JEGS 80041 1250 lbs Engine Stand with 360 Degree Head Motor Stand
Table of the Best Engine Stands Reviews
10. BIG RED T26801 2/3 Ton Torin Steel Rotating Engine Stand with Rotating Head & Folding Frame
Big Red always makes some of the best products for your workshop. And this time is no different from its awesome rotating engine stand. Calling this engine stand versatile may be an understatement. Indeed, it does so much more than the rest of the competition and delivers in most demanding conditions. One of the best things you would find about this stand is its foldability.
Due to its foldable nature, you can effortlessly reduce its size. Plus, you can store it away since a workshop can never have enough space. When you mount an engine onto the stand, you don’t have to worry about wobbling, shaking, or any stability issue. Its extra-wide base eliminates all of those things. On the mounting head, you would find four arms. You can adjust them according to your requirements. This allows you to fit in most domestic and foreign-made engines without any trouble.
- You can maneuver around even the largest workshop easily with its 360-degree swivel wheels.
- Has a massive load capacity of 1500 pounds, that’s more than enough for most car engines.
- You can buy this with the promise of the 1-year warranty period.
9. Performance Tool W41025 1/2 Ton Engine Stands
Performance Tool really justifies their name with their line of products and this heavy-duty engine stand is no different. It makes use of heavy-duty tubular steel. So, it can easily use it to handle tough work conditions and heavy engine load. You can work on a new engine or bring back a classic to life on this stand without compromising your safety.
It also has an ingenious design with its adjustable stand and arms. Thus, it allows you to mount almost any car engine that is from inside the county or offshore.
- Large solid caster wheels are strong enough to handle the stand with its full load capacity.
- You can lock the head assembly in 6 different positions for your convenience.
- Furthermore, it has an extra-wide base which eliminates the risk of wobbling.
8. Sunex 8300GB Foldable Engine Stands with Adjustable Caster Wheels
Sunex has a brilliant new foldable engine stand that will allow you to work on engines without any trouble. It has been forged from thick and strong steel that won’t bend or deform in any way when you mount an engine. You can also mount your engine and move it around in your workplace easily. That’s possible due to the strong and resilient caster wheels that hold up the stand. They can swivel in any direction and allow you to move the stand along with your engine in the direction you want.
You don’t have to worry about the stand rolling down unintended since a pair of wheels can be locked in place. The large mounting head on the stand can be adjusted to your needs and you can do the same with the adapter wings. It also features a worm drive gearbox that takes away a lot of effort on your part.
- Can be folded down flat on the base for saving space.
- Worm drive has a self-locking feature for your safety.
- Can handle almost any engine that comes to your workplace.
7. K&L Supply MC25 Heavy Duty Metric Engine Stand
Whether you specialize in two-cylinder, in-line four-cylinder or, even six-cylinder engines, this stand is made to handle most of them without an issue. The MC25 allows you adjustments and customization in multiple ways. You can change both the width and height of this stand to accommodate the engine you want.
After you have aligned and mounted the engine to the stand, you can even rotate to a full 360 degrees. This will bring the components you want to your attention instead of running around the engine.
- Tubular ends have been capped with less sharp material to prevent injuries.
- Raisers at the feet prevent the metal stand from damaging your floor.
- Assembly of the adjustable engine stand is not only easy but also tool-less.
6. BIG RED T23401 Torin 750 lb Rotating Engine Stand with 360 Degree Rotating Head
Want long term durability and safety of you as well as your crew? Then this stands from Big Red is probably the best investment you can do for your workshop. This is forged out of thick and dense square steel tubing. As a result, it can stand up to massive weight without bending or shaking. The stand can even hold engines as heavy as 750 pounds. And since you can rotate the haft, you can take a close look at any component of the engine for better diagnostic and maintenance work.
Basically, you increase your own productivity and cut down on chances of injuries by a margin when you buy this. It also comes with a year of warranty period if all of that already didn’t nudge you towards the right kind of purchase decision.
- Adjustable arms are customized for perfect alignment with most engines.
- Your stand is protected from rust with the powder-coated finish.
- The base is extra wide so that you don’t have to deal with unwanted shaking.
5. MOTOOS 1000lb Engine Cradle Stand with Wheels for Chevrolet Chevy
Motoos presents to you an auto engine stand that is created from heavy-duty steel. Hence, it is perfectly made for rugged jobs in your workplace. Since it is from thick steel, you don’t need to worry about durability or longevity. So, you can use this product for years. Moreover, due to the rust-resistant coating on the surface, you don’t need to worry about corrosion.
Finally, it also has wheels that are extra-large at 3-inches. And don’t give way to damage even under a lot of pressure. If you are wondering how much of load it can take, then it can carry up to 1000 lbs.
- You can use this stand for storing, repairing, or even transporting engines.
- The 4 casters will let you move it swiftly.
- At under 9 kgs, this engine stand is probably one of the lightest ones of its kind.
4. Pro-Lift T-3101 1000 lb Engine Lift
When you use this stand from Pro-Lift, you will be able to repair your engine more easily. Plus, it will also transport it within short distances and even store it for a while. The mounting head assembly on this stand is really great. It allows you to make extreme adjustments so that you can work with all kinds of engines. The main body is constructed from square tubular steel. As a result, it can withstand an immense amount of load without failing you.
One can certainly move and lock it in 6 different positions. Lastly, mounting arms and head plates are safe, stable, and strong enough to rid you of unnecessary worries.
- Has been welded to perfection so that there are no weak spots on the stand.
- This will rotate full 360-degrees and let you do the operation.
- The stand can handle as much as 1000 pounds of weight.
3. OTC 1750A 6000 lbs. Revolver Diesel Engine Stands with Universal Adapter
When you say 6000 pounds, it sounds really heavy. However, the greatest thing about this from OTC is that all the effort that goes into handling a 6000-pound engine is cut down drastically. With such a massive load capacity you would be able to work on most types of engines. And that also without exerting all your physical strength. The gearbox in this stand has a magnificent gear ratio of 96 to 1.
That allows you to rotate the mounted engine any way you want with the crank of a handle. You can rotate it all the way to 360 degrees to get a better look and reach for engine components more easily. Assembly isn’t difficult either. You can get it ready for work quickly due to its efficient design and clear instructions that come with the manual. Finally, you can mount almost any engine when you align the universal adapter plate with the appropriate side plates. Plus, you can also use your engine adapter plate.
- Buying the stand is a no brainer since it is covered by a lifetime warranty period.
- You get ample mobility with the four caster wheels.
- The body has a protective coat for shielding against rust and corrosion.
2. OTC 1735B Automotive Accessories Engine Stand
You may have worked with many stands. However, most of them need to be balanced with extra effort or else they try to flip your stand with you. This one from OTC doesn’t have such problems due to its clever geometry. The engine is mounted in the middle between two legs and a wide base. Hence the center of gravity remains in the middle. Next, the adjustable universal adapters that come with this stand make mounting engines easy.
The construction is top-notch and will certainly not hamper the performance. Finally, it’s lightweight and you can carry it simply to different locations.
- Bearings and nuts used in this stand are of extremely premium quality.
- You can repair your engine on it or even leave it like that for storage.
1. JEGS 80041 1250 lbs Engine Stand with 360 Degree Head Motor Stand
When you mount your engine on this stand, you would be able to rotate it to any angle you want without fearing about stability issues. You can rotate the engine and lock it in the position that you need. Hence, you can get your job done more swiftly with minimal waste of time. Moreover, the shape and heavy-duty steel construction help to keep the stand lightweight without any sacrifice in terms of strength.
Apart from the square shape, it is even hassle-free to assemble as well as disassemble. It even has a maximum limit of 1250lbs so that no damage is done to the product.
- For smooth mobility, you get large solid caster wheels.
- You won’t lack any flexibility in your work with the adjustable brackets that come with the stand.
- One would be able to work with most small engines on this stand.
Do your work efficiently in the workshop. Pick the right engine stand design and simplify the way you work in the workshop.