Leaving your campsite every day to pick up fresh food can be quite frustrating. After all, it’s one task that doesn’t fit the rustic outdoor experience. A reliable camping cooler is something that will make your trip a success. For the most part, you need a cooler with an acceptable ice life. High-capacity coolers, for instance, can hold frozen ice for a week or more. However, if you plan to spend a day or two, then a cooler with an ice life of up to 3 days will make an excellent choice. Besides, a decent camping cooler should hold up well to the demands of the outdoor environment. But then, what are the best camping coolers out there?
Well, we’ve perused some of the best deals out there. Below, we present the top portable camping coolers to consider. Keep in mind; our list comprises options for bargain hunters as well. Looking forward to finding out what we have in store for you? Well, read more to find out!
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Camping Coolers on Sale Reviews
- 10. Igloo 120-Quart Polar Cooler for Camping
- 9. YETI Tundra 35 Ice Chest Cooler
- 8. Coleman Steel-Belted Ice Cooler for Camping, BBQs, Tailgating & Outdoor Activities
- 7. Coleman Performance Portable Outdoor Cooler – 48 Quart
- 6. Igloo BMX 52 Quart Carbonite Gray and Blue Camping Coolers
- 5. Coleman 100-Quart Xtreme Heavy-Duty Cooler with Wheels
- 4. Cascade Mountain Tech Rotomold Cooler Built-In Bottle Opener for Camping
- 3. Pelican Elite 20 Quart Small Camping Coolers
- 2. Igloo Portable 28 Qt Thermoelectric Iceless Cooler
- 1. REYLEO 20L Rotomolded Cooler – Heavy Duty Ice Chest for Camping
Table of the Best Camping Coolers on Sale Reviews
10. Igloo 120-Quart Polar Cooler for Camping
Igloo Polar is a sizeable cooler with excellent cooling abilities. The Ultratherm layer, in particular, extends cooling life. As a matter of fact, it can keep ice frozen for up to 5 days. Also, it has built-in UV inhibitors on the lid to protect against sun damage. At 120 quarts, Igloo Polar is a large cooler. Overall, it can hold up to 188 cans. Well, one would expect this cooler to be too heavy to move. On the contrary, it has built-in handles that make it relatively portable. The container itself comes in sturdy plastic material. For the most part, it can double as a seat once you grab yourself a drink.
- Threaded drain plug hooks easily to a hose for easy draining
- Stain and the odor-resistant liner is easy to clean and keeps beverages fresh
- Snap-on latches secure the lid in place
9. YETI Tundra 35 Ice Chest Cooler
Yeti is a brand that knows a thing or two about making high-quality coolers. The Tundra series, in particular, is built for any conditions. Hence, you can bring it with you wherever you go. As the name suggests, this model holds 35 liters. As a result, it can easily fit up to 20 cans of beer. But depending on how cold you need your beverage to be, this cooler can hold more. Apart from that, such size makes it relatively easy to carry. Besides, it has two rope handles specially designed for the purpose. This camping cooler has a rubber gasket insulation. So, it does an excellent job of trapping icy air inside. In fact, it can keep ice frozen for several days.
- Rotomolded construction is sturdy enough to withstand a bear attack
- Reinforced hinges and latch system keep the lid secure, even when it takes a tumble
- The anti-clogging vortex valve allows for precise draining
8. Coleman Steel-Belted Ice Cooler for Camping, BBQs, Tailgating & Outdoor Activities
This camping cooler comes from one of the leading brands in the industry. For the most part, this cooler mimics the 70s design. Hence, it’s a reliable cooler that brings back old memories. It has a standard 54-quart size that holds up to 85 cans of your favorite beverage. Indeed, this is a cooler that is capable and reliable for most tasks. The handle comes in steel, making it sturdier than plastic counterparts. Moreover, the handles have rubber grips to give a comfortable hold. Retro insulation and airtight seal maintain frozen ice for at least 4 days.
- Charming retro design
- Industrial stainless steel handles
- Stainless steel coating makes the container rustproof
- Lid supports 250 pounds, so you can use as a seat
7. Coleman Performance Portable Outdoor Cooler – 48 Quart
This Coleman cooler is excellent for those on a budget. At 48 quarts, it can easily hold 63 cans. Besides, the tall size can comfortably fit 2-liter bottles standing upright. It goes taller but with a compact footprint. As a result, it takes less space, especially during storage. The durability of this cooler is something to marvel at. It’s built tough (hard plastic exterior) and comes with strong handles. For the most part, it can last over the long haul, maybe a decade or more. This camping cooler retains frozen ice for up to 3 days. All in all, this cooler offers a simple and effective way of getting the job done.
- Trusted heavy-duty construction
- Leak-resistant drain
- 2-way handles allow for easy transportation
6. Igloo BMX 52 Quart Carbonite Gray and Blue Camping Coolers
Igloo BMX is a heavy-duty line of coolers. BMX52, in particular, focuses more on resilience and versatility. As it happens, it’s among the most affordable hardcore coolers on the market. This cooler holds 52 quarts. Hence, it easily enters the race of large coolers. It features blow-molded technology that limits external influences. For instance, it performs accordingly, even when placed over hot concrete. And when you compare to traditional coolers, it has 20% thicker insulation. So, it can easily promise at least 5 days of ice life.
The handles are among the most reliable, especially for a cooler at this price range. They feature rubber-coated plastic connected to stainless steel tubes.
- Heavy-duty blow-molded construction keeps out external elements
- Legendary T-latches stick firmly in place
- Reinforced base and kick plates offer maximum protection
- Extra-thick foam walls (20% thicker than traditional coolers) improve the shelf life of ice
5. Coleman 100-Quart Xtreme Heavy-Duty Cooler with Wheels
Coleman Xtreme coolers are tried and tested units. This model includes several upgrades that improve performance and the looks. To begin with, it’s the only Xtreme cooler with wheels. Hence, it’s quite effortless to move around. It holds 100 quarts and keeps items cool for 5 days. This cooler has thicker insulated walls and lid. The walls, for instance, are around 1.5 inches thick. So, it’s noticeably thicker than traditional Coleman coolers. The lid is pretty robust. Actually, you can put 250 pounds on top of it. Thus, it doubles as a perfect makeshift seat.
- 5 embedded cup holders
- A large tow-handle makes it easy to pull the cooler behind
- Flat-free plastic wheels have aggressive grooves for excellent traction
- Durable stainless steel hardware
4. Cascade Mountain Tech Rotomold Cooler Built-In Bottle Opener for Camping
This is a roto-molded super cooler. Before going deeper into the review, this model is available in two sizes. You have a choice of a 45-quart or 80-quart cooler. The smaller version holds 38 cans. Hence, it’s ideal for family weekends and short road trips. The 80-quart cooler, on the other hand, holds up to 70 cans. So, it’s roomy enough for backyard parties or extended trips. As mentioned earlier, these coolers are roto-molded. It makes the cooler bulky but in a good way.
Besides, it offers lasting durability. The cooler has 3 inches of insulation, the best you can get on the market. For the most part, the 45-quart cooler gives 7 days of ice retention. The 80-quart cooler promises to keep ice frozen for 10 days.
- The thickest foam insulation (3 inches) keeps ice frozen for 10 days
- Rigid lid doubles as a mini-table or extra chair
- Two built-in bottle openers
- Non-slip feet keep the cooler in place
3. Pelican Elite 20 Quart Small Camping Coolers
This is the newer version of Pelican Elite cooler. It doesn’t boast the large capacity of most coolers out there. Nonetheless, it can handle long camping trips. As a matter of fact, it keeps drinks cold for up to 10 days. Better still, it’s durable enough to handle rough use. After all, they call it a “bear-proof” cooler for a reason. Well, sometimes we tend to forget simple things at home, such as bottle openers. So, this cooler comes with a built-in opener for the purpose. It has non-skid feet. Thus, it balances upright, even on a slippery, wet surface. This cooler holds 20 quarts and approximately 15 cans of drinks.
- 4 self-draining cup holders
- 2 inches of insulation offers excellent ice retention (Up to 10 days)
- Over-molded carry handle for easy transportation
2. Igloo Portable 28 Qt Thermoelectric Iceless Cooler
This is far more than your average ice cooler. It’s lighter, drier, and more efficient. Talking of size, it’s among the best small camping coolers you can buy. It’s a practical choice where there’s a 12-volt outlet. This cooler keeps drinks 32 degrees below the surrounding temperature. For the most part, it can keep ice frozen for a day or two. The ergonomic curved design and swing-up handle make it easy to carry in one hand. Not to mention, the handle is long enough for two people to hold and lift. Keep in mind; this cooler comes in 26-quart and 20-quart sizes.
- Cools without ice
- Compact design fits in between front car seats
- Extra-long 8-foot power cord
- Quiet operation
1. REYLEO 20L Rotomolded Cooler – Heavy Duty Ice Chest for Camping
Reyleo cooler has tough roto-molded construction. For the most part, it can withstand up to 700 pounds. So, it can easily hold up to daily abuse. Not to mention, you can use it as a makeshift chair. It holds up to 30 cans of drinks and keeps ice frozen for 3 days. This camping cooler has two built-in cup holders. What is more, it comes with a bottle opener. Above all, it has rubber feet. Hence, it won’t slip off, especially on sloped surfaces.
- The built-in ruler (16 inches) measures freshly caught fish
- Solid one-piece construction (Supports up to 700 pounds)
- Durable stainless steel handle