So, you like to read books but do not have sufficient space to store them? Well, the good news is that you can always install rolling book carts. Be it double-sided or single-sided, these book carts are going to keep your books in a very safe manner. You can just arrange your collection in your home or just use it for commercial purpose. Moreover, you can find its use in libraries as well. These have capacities that depend on the brand you go for and it can widely vary.
If you are expecting to buy one any time soon, do check out the top book storage carts that are popular. It will keep your favourite collections well-preserved.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Library Best Book Carts Reviews
- 10. Safco Products Scoot Double-Sided Steel Book Carts on Swivel Wheels
- 9. Hirsh Home Office Single-Sided Sloped Shelves Book Carts with Lockable Wheels
- 8. FixtureDisplays Metal Library Book Carts
- 7. BestEquip Rolling Library Book Cart – Office and School Book Truck
- 6. Guidecraft Mobile Book Organizer Set
- 5. Lorell Double-Sided 6-Shelf Steel Book Cart
- 4. FixtureDisplays Wood Library Book Cart
- 3. Safco Products Scoot Single-Sided Book Cart with Swivel Wheels
- 2. Catskill Craftsmen Rol-Rack with Tilted Shelves
- 1. Alice Rolling Library Book Cart with Lockable Wheels
Table of the Library Best Book Carts Reviews
10. Safco Products Scoot Double-Sided Steel Book Carts on Swivel Wheels
Safco brings you an innovative new double-sided book cart that is useful at your home or at the office. Its double-sided design prevents books from falling and has more than enough space for storing the most adventurous storylines. You can also use it for storing files, folders and keep them all organized. Due to its wheeled design, you can move it from one room to another. You can do it during a renovation at your home or transfer files and folders without any issues from one cubicle to another.
Next, you get a total of 6 slanted shelves that give you abundant organization and storage space for your books. However, also lets you make for good aesthetics. There is no compromise in strength when you buy this cart. It has a steel construction that can handle plenty of weight and even the heaviest encyclopaedias.
- Within the shelves, you get a generous separation of 12-inches for fitting in even large books.
- Wheels swivel in all horizontal directions for ease of movement.
- To keep the cart secured in place a pair of wheels are locked.
9. Hirsh Home Office Single-Sided Sloped Shelves Book Carts with Lockable Wheels
Rolling book carts can get a bit heavy when they are at maximum capacity. However, most manufacturers provide smaller wheels that can’t do the ideal job of carrying that load. You have to push harder and the wheels are at constant risk of getting damaged. So, Hirsh Industries have provided premium quality extra large. Plus, the industrial standard swivelling wheels in the cart enables higher load capacity and ease of movement.
It also features rounded handles without any sharp edges that make manoeuvring the cart an effortless task.
- Welded construction reinforces the structures for added strength.
- You can use the cart right after unboxing, no need for assembly.
- It is for heavy use to carry books or other supplies.
8. FixtureDisplays Metal Library Book Carts
Compared to its competitors, FixtureDisplays has used thicker 21-gauge steel for manufacturing its metal book carts. This makes the structure more stable and lets you fill-up all the shelves with as many books as you want. Each of the shelves is slanted at an inward angle to hold the books while displaying them in all glory.
They have 9-inches of depth and make you worry-free about issues like books tipping from the sides. You also get a total of four wheels with a diameter of 2-inches. Lastly, each of them can independently swivel in 360-degrees for easy transport.
- Fit for both institutions and domestic use.
- This can certainly prove to be an ideal choice for your library.
- Weighs around 75 pounds, but capable of bearing 200 pounds in total.
7. BestEquip Rolling Library Book Cart – Office and School Book Truck
This cart from BestEquip is from galvanized carbon steel that is durable. Next, it has high longevity and is not deformed easily. It can take a lot of beating and last you for a prolonged period. The attractive red colour isn’t just there for vanity but also protects your investment from rust and corrosion. As a matter of fact, the flat book cart shelves can hold more than enough books. On the other hand, the side walls keep them from slipping out.
Finally, the side walls have perforations for an interesting style and also provide good air circulation.
- 4-inch caster wheels are heavy duty and aren’t noisy.
- Needs little to no maintenance that makes it all happy.
- Rounded handles give it an ergonomic design and incur less fatigue.
6. Guidecraft Mobile Book Organizer Set
Guidecraft brings you a cart that stands out from the rest due to its unique features and superior craftsmanship. It is from birch plywood that is obtained by compressing thin sheets of birch wood. Next, the brand will bond them for a durable and long-lasting product. It is super stable, doesn’t lack in strength and aesthetically superior compared to many other plywoods available.
You get two shelves that have been divided into sections for better organizational capabilities. Now you can keep your books separated according to their genres.
- Paper holders are from the metal frame is used for labelling.
- Handle cutouts help to move the cart easily.
- Heavy-duty caster wheels won’t fail you on any flat surface.
5. Lorell Double-Sided 6-Shelf Steel Book Cart
Lorell has designed this cart to maximize its use and functionality without hogging a lot of space. So, they have provided a slanted double-sided design. This lets you store books on both sides, however, consuming the same width of a single shelved cart. A small portion of the book is out of the shelves, but they never fall off due to the slanted design. This ingenious design makes this t stand out from the rest of the competition. Therefore, gives you a pretty high value for your dollar.
Each shelf has an impressive width of 3-inches. As a result, can fit in a full chronological collection of your favourite horror, fantasy, historical or fictional series and more. It also features a sturdy design from premium quality and high strength steel. So, it can take a lot of abuse and last you for numerous years.
- 6 shelves together are capable of carrying around 200-pounds of weight.
- The sides have holes to allow better air circulation and make the cart more stylish
- Large caster wheels perform well and swivel for multidirectional movement
4. FixtureDisplays Wood Library Book Cart
To make this cart, FixtureDisplays has used maple melamine laminated MDF material. This is lightweight in comparison to other engineered wood without any lack of strength. It also gives you a few extra features like resistance against moisture. As a result, won’t swell up due to a slight increase in moisture. The angled shelves let you display your books in style while also provides smart storage in less space.
Each shelf has a depth of 8.5-inches, which is more than enough for storing large books without any issues of tipping over the edge.
- In total the four caster wheels provide you with a combined weight-bearing capacity of 280 pounds.
- A pair of wheels have brakes to stop the cart in one position.
- Cut out handles on either side let you manoeuvre the cart with relative ease.
3. Safco Products Scoot Single-Sided Book Cart with Swivel Wheels
Safco has created this cart from premium quality stainless steel. In fact, is perforated at strategic locations for a great look and to keep the weight in check. Most manufacturers would provide you carts with metal shelves that keep the structure durable, but extremely bulky. That makes manoeuvring the cart a bit difficult. This one has perforations at the perfect places. As a result, it can hit the perfect balance of strength and stability without the added weight. It also helps to maintain proper air circulation.
The book cart’s capacity is of 300 lbs, so you can put in a lot of books in here. Finally, the wheels are pretty oversized for easy workability.
- You get a total of 3 slanted shelves that have enough clearance for storing large books.
- Swivelling wheels are locked in position to keep the cart from rolling.
- Powder-coated finish protects the cart from rusting and other forms of corrosion.
2. Catskill Craftsmen Rol-Rack with Tilted Shelves
Catskill Craftsman provides one of the toughest carts on the market that punches way above its weight. It is from Northeastern hardwood found in the Catskill region. This wood is strong yet relatively light and can last you for decades. Compared to particle boards, this solid wood makes your book cart immensely strong and resilient.
Moreover, it is also manufactured right here in the United States with the highest quality and standards. With a width of 32-inches, you can fit a decent number of books on each shelf.
- The natural oak grain finish looks vibrant and gives the book cart a classy look.
- Between the shelves, you get one of the highest clearances available in this class, 15-inches.
1. Alice Rolling Library Book Cart with Lockable Wheels
Alice has made these carts with strong 18 gauge steel. As a result, it isn’t prone to rust and can resist most types of corrosion. The welded construction is reinforced for high strength and reliability. Next, along with the tubular legs gives you the impressive load-carrying capacity of 200 pounds. So, even after you fill it up with the thickest and heaviest books in your collection it will hold us quite well. In terms of storage capacity, you get 3 flat shelves with a clearance of over one foot in between them.
You don’t have to Google shelf hack videos for storing large books anymore. The four wheels on each leg give you a smooth rolling performance. Therefore, you don’t have any problems gliding it around your office space, library, school or home. It is the perfect book cart for everyone, everywhere. All the walls are sealed with sheet metal that prevents books from falling at the back or from the sides. However, the walls have numerous symmetrical perforations that reduce weight significantly without compromising on strength.
- All the rolling wheels are locked to place the cart in a stationary position.
- Are assembled in no time with little to no effort.
- Rounded large handles at the top let you move the cart without discomfort.
Your books will now have a dedicated space for themselves. The book display carts will help in neat arrangements and you can always find out your book.