Are you a travel freak? Or someone who prefers solo travel? Then you might know how hard it is to get a cabin up in distant locations in the middle of nowhere. So, it is better to carry your own arrangements for such situations. The Lightweight backpacking tents are one such option where you can sleep and rest under the sky full of stars. Some are ideal for a single individual whereas some can fit in 2 or more. The choice is yours!
If you are confused about the products to look out for, check these backpacking tent brands that have been ace. So, just keep reading.
Table of Contents
- 10. Kelty Salida Camping and 2 Person Backpacking Tent
- 9. River Country Products Ultralight Backpacking Tents – Trekker Tent 2 – Trekking Pole Tent
- 8. Featherstone 2 Person Lightweight Backpacking Tents for Camping, Hiking, and Biking
- 7. yodo Lightweight Camping Backpacking Tent for Two person
- 6. Hyke & Byke Yosemite 1-2 Person Backpacking Tents with Footprint – Lightweight Ultralight Dome Camping Tent
- 5. Hyke & Byke Zion 1 and 2 Person Backpacking Tents – Lightweight & Ultralight
- 4. Clostnature Ultralight Waterproof 3 Person Backpacking Tent for Family, Hiking, and Mountaineering
- 3. Bessport Camping Lightweight Backpacking Tent 2 Person
- 2. MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2-Person Lightweight Backpacking Tent
- 1. Kelty Late Start Ultralight Backpacking Tent 2 Person
10. Kelty Salida Camping and 2 Person Backpacking Tent
Kelty offers you a durable lightweight backpacking tent within a small form factor that sets up with a snap. Well, it can’t set itself up. However, the compact folding poles along with the innovative hug clips increase the simplicity of setup. And it’s all due to a 2-pole design which makes it almost a snap to set up. You don’t need to worry about strength since the pole is flexible, yet sturdy. The hug clips aren’t just innovative but easy to use since they are color-coded. This two-person tent also provides you with plenty of room to spread out with 30 square feet of floor space.
With all that space you and one more person would be able to spend the night comfortably protected from the elements of nature. You won’t feel hot in this tent since it has 360-degree mesh panels for excellent breathability. That doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice privacy since the 68 Denier thick polyester sidewalls take care of it.
- Comes with a full-coverage rain fly with taped seams to keep you dry in the worst conditions.
- Oversized D-door allows for easy entry and exit.
- Great for camping, hiking, and more throughout most of the year for 3 seasons.
9. River Country Products Ultralight Backpacking Tents – Trekker Tent 2 – Trekking Pole Tent
River Country Products almost always exceed your expectations and this time it is no different. This one-person backpacking tent from the brand completely demolishes the competition with its unique design and spacious interiors. When you set it up, it stands 42-inches tall and has a length of 7-feet. That means you don’t have to go out of the tent if you just want to sit up. The tent is used with trekking poles or without them. That translates to even smaller and lighter packing sizes.
Moreover, it isn’t just limited to a tent. You get rich features that are absent in other tents of its kind. For instance, at the corners, you get loops that can be used for hanging out LED lights or flashlights.
- Weighing under 3 pounds, it is lighter than most other products offered by the competition.
- Comes with orange guy lines so that you can keep the tent taut.
- Aluminum stakes that dig into the ground don’t rust or corrode.
8. Featherstone 2 Person Lightweight Backpacking Tents for Camping, Hiking, and Biking
Featherstone never fails to astonish you with their innovative tents and this one has a similar story. It has a unique system that allows you to set up your tent within moments. The symmetrical hub single pole system utilizes exceptional geometry and engineering. As a result, it keeps your tent upright and sturdy without adding a lot of weight to your backpack when you go out or return from a journey.
It also has two events at the top which provides you with ample air circulation. Besides, the waterproof backpacking tent will keep you dry in every situation.
- The floor has a 3000mm PU coating which doesn’t allow water to invade the tent.
- Noseeum mesh provides breathability and protection from mosquitoes.
- This tent is of freestanding nature, hence, won’t tip-off or fall.
7. yodo Lightweight Camping Backpacking Tent for Two person
Whether you choose to camp, fish, hike, or bike, this tent from Yodo would be enough for all your adventures. The floor or groundsheet is created from thick oxford material with a PU coating to prevent water from leaking in. The flysheet is also made from robust materials like the 190T thick polyester fabric along with a PU coating to keep you as dry as possible. You don’t need to worry about ventilation since this has a vented roof which allows for good circulation of air.
The structure is held up by two poles made from glass fiber. These poles are strong and wouldn’t even take a lot of space while you are on the go due to their foldable design. To keep the poles and the fabric secured to the ground you get four stakes made from metal. They anchor deep into the ground and provide you with the stability that you need.
- Two-way zippered doors are easy to use.
- The tent has an integrated buckle to roll up mesh doors and fix along the side.
- Mesh sidewalls keep insects away and allow for a night of peaceful sleep.
6. Hyke & Byke Yosemite 1-2 Person Backpacking Tents with Footprint – Lightweight Ultralight Dome Camping Tent
Hyke & Byke has the goal to deliver inexpensive yet highly functional backpacking tents to their customers. Well, it will certainly fulfill that goal with this product. The tent has a roomy base with a length of 90-inches and measures 55-inches wide. So, you get plenty of room for you and your hiking bud. Most other manufacturers provide you ground sheet that has around 3000mm PU coating at best.
This one tops them all with its PU 5000 footprint so that nights don’t get soggy. In fact, this is a dome backpack tent, it has lock cord adjustment for a hassle-free set-up.
- Rainfly is created from a durable and PU-coated ripstop fabric to resist damage.
- This tent will come down into a small form that is perfect for carrying.
- Reflective guy lines are easy to use even after sundown.
5. Hyke & Byke Zion 1 and 2 Person Backpacking Tents – Lightweight & Ultralight
Another incredible backpacking tent from Hyke & Byke that won’t disappoint you in any way. A tent has an extremely large base with a surface area of around 5000 square inches. It has a one-pole configuration that stands out due to its unique design. Plus, it helps to keep packing weight to a minimum without sacrificing any head and shoulder space inside the tent.
Setting up the tent is literally as easy as hanging your clothes. Clips hang on the poles and pull up the mesh walls. Excellence in simplicity!
- Zipped entryways are rolled up and fixed to the side.
- It is extremely roomy and there will not be any wet situations as it is waterproof.
- Pockets inside the tent allow you to keep your valuables.
4. Clostnature Ultralight Waterproof 3 Person Backpacking Tent for Family, Hiking, and Mountaineering
Clostnature provides you with an innovative and feature-rich tent that doesn’t break the bank. It is meticulously crafted from thick polyester fabric that is resistant to tears. Hence, strong enough to keep most natural elements away. You get a rain fly that covers the whole tent and protects you from getting wet with its PU coating during a downpour. The groundsheet has the same PU coating which makes this product an absolute steal at its affordable price. You don’t have to worry about heavy rain leaking into the tent from the small gaps in the seam either. The seam is factory sealed and holds up during unpredictable and challenging weather conditions.
The tent is large enough to fit two people comfortably. However, that doesn’t mean that it needs to take up huge space when packed for travel. The storage bag with the tent packed inside it measures just around 16.5-inches in length with a diameter of fewer than 6-inches. Moreover, you can make a worry-free purchase since the tent comes with a lifetime warranty period.
- Poles are durable and corrosion-resistant since they are made from high-quality aluminum.
- Comes with an emergency repair kit for the poles.
- Entry and exit are easy when you have doors with zippers and velcro sleeves.
3. Bessport Camping Lightweight Backpacking Tent 2 Person
Bessport offers you an incredible and rugged camping tent that has all the latest features that you are looking for. It has side walls made from 68D polyester fabric which can take a lot of abuse and provides you with the privacy you need. Next, the top portion is made from strong mesh walls which don’t block out the flow of air to keep the tent cool and airy.
It also boasts a large floor space that allows you to sleep in comfort with another person inside. The frame is also quite impressive. The frame is made from redesigned poles that remain stable even on windy days.
- Internal hooks allow you to hang up lights inside the tent.
- Having two D-shaped doors, you can easily go inside and out smoothly.
- Zippers work smoothly without getting blocked.
2. MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2-Person Lightweight Backpacking Tent
This tent from MSR comes with a 20D ripstop nylon construction. Plus, it has a unique geometry that makes it an effective product with fewer materials. The uni-pole suspension design holds the tent with hooks and keeps the top fairly roomy and open. When the rain fly goes over the structure it doesn’t just protect you from rain but also creates a good vent for cooling.
Plus, when it comes to rain protection, you don’t need to worry about anything. The DuraShield coating lasts much longer than regular coatings.
- Covered by a 3 year warranty period that will let you fix all the affected sections under this warranty.
- At around 3 pounds it is super light for its size.
- Perfect for all the 3-season, two-person can easily fit inside it.
1. Kelty Late Start Ultralight Backpacking Tent 2 Person
The Late Start tent from Kelty sets up lightning-fast even if nighttime is approaching you. After you have staked the tent, you can simply slide the poles inside the Kelty quick corners. No need to guide it perfectly when you are tired from a long hike. The inner tent body is made from a mesh material and has clips that you can attach quickly to the poles.
The pre-bent poles are also responsible for surprisingly spacious interiors with a tall enough roof so that you can sit inside comfortably.
- With a freestanding design, you can set up the tent anywhere and then move it to the perfect spot.
- D-shaped door opens up a large space for moving in and out of the tent.
Your camping sessions will be nothing more than interesting and intriguing. The camping backpacking tent will let you carry it to even the topmost destinations without feeling heavy.